Sunday, March 31, 2013

Check In Easter Sunday 3-31-13

Yesterday and today were pretty good days.

We didn’t have a traditional Easter dinner because today was also my grand son Landon’s 10th birthday. We were invited to my stepson’s and his girlfriend’s home to celebrate.

Landon Birthday cake 2013

Landon wanted spaghetti and garlic bread so that’s what we had. My stepson’s lady Melissa made this totally awesome birthday cake for Landon. Isn’t it cool??!!

It’s a cookie dough flavor cake with cookie dough frosting between the layers. The bunny butt and carrots are fondant and the grass is colored coconut with a ring of Kit Kats around the outside of the cake. It was so moist! I knew I shouldn’t but I had a half a slice of a thin sliver of it. It was so good! And since I took my diabetes medicine, even with all the carbs and sugar I ate today, my blood sugar was only 112 three hours later, so it was all good.

Saturday I went shopping for about 3 hours with my daughter. We went grocery shopping and I went to JoAnn’s to get some buttons and bigger safety pins. I have been working on crocheting burial kimonos and crocheted diapers for angel babies for our group God's Tiny Angels . I didn’t get a picture taken yet but will post it soon. They work up pretty fast and the need is great. I got the pattern for the diaper and kimono here Love You More Than The Bus Blog. The pattern has been approved by Teeny Tears for use for charity donations.

All the buttons at JoAnn’s were on sale for 50% off which sure helps. It’s amazing how expensive buttons are any more.

So, two days in a row out of the house. It’s been a very long time since that has happened. My daughter drove yesterday and my husband today. I’m still having just a bit of dizziness off and on so still just a little leery about driving yet. But, the weather was so nice the last 2 days and it sure was nice to get out in it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still having some bad days, more like bad hours than full days though. I’m still needing to sleep more than I would like, so an afternoon nap is pretty much a given daily at this time. The anxiety still comes and goes, sometimes for no reason at all. I know I felt shaky and nervous when I needed to leave home the last two days, but I’ve found a fourth of a Xanax seems to take the edge off and once I’m out of the house I seem to be ok for at least 3 or 4 hours. My mood is definitely better. I do seems to have some more energy than I did, actually getting some housework done that’s been needing to get caught up. I actually have more interest in doing things and wanting to get out of the house than I’ve had for quite awhile. I’m still not anywhere near 100% there yet, maybe 40% at this time. But things are for sure getting better. I know it’s going to take time but I really feel the Effexor is taking me in the right direction. I’m starting to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Until next time….take care of yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are getting better. Looks like you had a nice day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are feeling better! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an adorable cake. It works great for a birthday around Easter. I am sure that Landon was just head over heels for it. When you described the cake my mouth was watering.


    from Ivy Beery at Online Accredited PhD Programs

    ReplyDelete