Monday, August 9, 2010

Peyton At The Fair August 7, 2010

We had a fun morning at the Mississippi Valley Fair here in Davenport, Iowa on Saturday.
My daughter Mindy and I went to watch my son Frank and his wife Nichole's daughter Peyton show off her horse riding skill, such as it is.
Considering she is only a little over 9 months old :)
From my understanding, usually the kids riding are under age 14 and must ride alone, while someone leads the horse. Since Peyton is so young, the officials made an exception and allowed an adult to ride with her.
Basically, they just pretty much just allowed her to "show" for the fun of it.
As you can see by the first picture, she was having a good time up on the horsey.
She even got a ribbon!











I like this! I'm not scared at all!


















Are we done yet??

















Oooooh, shiny!
















The shiney is closer.....maybe I can grab it!










Check out all my sparklies and my super cute little pink boots!
G'ma Sue bought the shirt (for next to nothing at Goodwill, since I'm gonna outgrow it in no time)and G'ma Lu sparkled it all up with her hot glue gun and rhinestones.
And my pigtails helped hold my hat on, even though I didn't leave it on very long.















Hey Dad, is Grandma about done taking pictures??

















Ridin' around the arena so I can show off my cuteness :)


















Waiting for them to hand out the ribbons.
















All that just to get that??


















Hey mom, can I get down now?


















Ok, it's time to get off here and FEED ME!!

Oh yeah, isn't this lady riding with me pretty cute too?
(Almost as cute as me).













I've been really good with all this, now can I just get these hot clothes off?








3 comments:

  1. How cute!!! I was wondering how she would do on the horse but she obviously loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What absolutely precious photos! I wish someone had started me out riding at that age. Maybe I wouldn't have looked so totally foolish when I got my first horse at 40 or so, LOL.

    ReplyDelete