Friday, June 17, 2011

Fourth Of July Quilts

Our group God’s Tiny Angels has been working on trying to get enough blankets for all the preemies in 3 NICU’s that we supply. So I dug through my stash and was able to come up with enough material to make 4 of them at least.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The 2 patchwork ones are “cheater” material so all I had to do with those was back them and bind them, one with muslin and one with navy material. The other two are squares in the center, then I put muslin strips around those and added other scrap strips around until I had a big enough quilt.

Nothing fancy but they still take a bit of time to put together and quilt them. Does anyone else dislike doing the binding as much as I do? I always seem to have a bit of trouble getting my corners all nice and neat. They turn out looking ok, just not quite up to the standard I would like.

Just glad I was able to come up with enough material for four of them, every single quilt helps! And that is what matters the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment