Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Birds and Blooms

I love this time of year with all the pretty flowers and the songs of the birds.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
There have been a pair of finches hanging around the yard just singing away every morning.
This is a close up I was able to get of one of them in the maple tree in the front yard. Some of these pictures of the finches were taken through the front screen door so they may be a bit blurry and I apologize for that. I was afraid if I opened the door to take their picture they would fly away.






 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Just a few more pics of them :) Yesterday I had one in the front yard and one in the back yard singing to each other, so I suspect I have a male and female pair hanging around. I bet they have a nest around here somewhere but haven’t been able to locate it. Their song is so very pretty, it’s a joy just to listen to them. It amazes me how such a little bird can sing such a LOUD song.





OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


The hostas in the front flower bed are starting to bloom. They never fail every year, I don’t think anything kills them.










OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


The dahlias are doing well too.











OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
My balloon flowers are open too. Obviously I need to get on the ball and deadhead my flowers :)
That’s it for now, thanks for stopping by!




 Sure wish Blogger would stop messing up the spacing on stuff. If there's a big gap between pictures or text, it's Blogger, not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment