Thursday, August 2, 2012

GTA Donations August 2012

A bit smaller selection of items donated this time. Lots of real life stuff going on the past few months tended to limit my crafting time but at least I finally got some things sent!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

As some of you know, I have been going through the slow process of trying to clear out and reorganize my craft room. It’s surprising how many unfinished objects you uncover in the process.

I came across this little preemie blanket that just needed a few more rows of the edging finished so it ended up in my gotta finish pile.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  Here is a close up of the material and the edging. The edging is crochet cotton thread. I was a bit concerned the thread would be a bit rough, but after washing it softened up a whole lot and I think it will be ok.

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  This was another project that needed finishing. I found a baggie of the squares that I had bought off of Ebay a very long time ago.

Each square was definitely NOT square, so I had to do some trimming and ended up with 3 inch squares.

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here is a close up of the pattern of the squares. Aren’t they pretty? The flowers and leaves are kind of an embossed pattern and it’s really a lot prettier than the pictures show. It ended up being a bit bigger than a preemie size but could work for a small newborn too. Very simple but a bit elegant too. Could even be used for a nice burial blanket if needed. Might go nice with the little burial outfit below.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  The need is unfortunately continuous for burial outfits so I try to do at least one every donation. I didn’t have the ribbon threaded through the bonnet when I took the picture but used just a white thin ribbon. It’s hard to see in the picture, but the yarn has just a tad bit of sparkly to it. Not too much, just enough to make the set special.

The hospitals do use gowns for boys too, simply because it is much easier for them to dress them without hurting their delicate skin.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  Another little burial set, made from a multi pastel baby yarn. This should fit a smaller newborn and could work equally well for a boy or a girl.

 

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  Just a very simple gown made from baby yarn. I didn’t have enough yarn to make a hat or bonnet too, but I’m sure it will still be used. Very tiny, should fit a small preemie. Even a simple gown is appreciated, as it is so very hard to find clothes for these tiny angels.

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  Another simple burial set made from baby yarn. It’s also tiny, should fit a small preemie. I had enough extra yarn that I made a bonnet and a hat. That way this set can be used for a boy or a girl. The extra bonnet or hat may be able to used with another outfit to complete it.

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  The mom’s seem to like these snuggle cocoons for their babies so I tried a new pattern I had found on the internet. It buttons up the side instead of just being what I consider a “sack”. I made this out of Pound of Love white yarn and it should fit a smaller newborn or a preemie.

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I came across this cute little onesie in my UFO’s. It just needed buttons sewed on the back so that was a quick finish! It’s made out of light blue Pound of Love yarn and is kind of big, so it should fit a bigger newborn.

 

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I wish the picture had come out better on this newborn size quilt so you could see just how pretty and bright all of the materials are. The pattern is calls “coins”, don’t quite understand why, but it was pretty easy to put together.

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  Here is a close up of it. The background material is a whole bunch of bright Easter eggs! I had lots of it so I must have gotten a good deal on the material at some point in time. I dug through my stash and tried to find as many bright solids as I could to go with it for the rectangles. There was enough busyness going on with the material that I just used the same material for the edging.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

My hot pink “flowers” quilt turned out to be between a preemie and newborn size. I came across the flowered squares already cut in the craft room clean out process.

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  Here is a close up so you can see the patterns on the flower squares better. There weren’t very many of the flowered squares, but I just couldn’t let them go to waste! I like the way it turned out.

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

  Last but not least is my sweater donation this time. It is a newborn size and this multi colored yarn should work nicely for a little boy. There is ALWAYS a need for sweaters and hats so I try to make some every time.

That’s it for this time.

 

 

TEASER ALERT!!!

We will be adopting a third kitty this weekend! He is about 6 years old and his name is Truman. His daddy is being transferred out of state to Texas and unfortunately Truman can’t go along. He’s pretty laid back and friendly so I think he will fit in well with our other furbabies Rocky and Baby. Will get pics and such posted soon as I can, just wanted to let everyone know!

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment