Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Saturday In The Midwest

What a beautiful sunny spectacular day it has been here in Iowa today. We made sure we took advantage of it because these kind of days are getting fewer and fewer.
Our grandsons spent Friday night with us because their dad had to be at work before the butt crack of dawn.So Dan and I got to spend some one on one time with each of them.
 The big story for today is that Grandpa Dan took our oldest grandson Chase (who is 10) on his first squirrel hunt. I'm not sure which one of them were more excited about that!
They got up at 2:00 A.M. so they could make the 4 hour drive to our property in Missouri. Chase was so excited he had a hard time getting to sleep and it was after 11:30 before he passed out, lol.
He was real good about getting up at 2:00 A.M. though for me.
It is now 7:00 P.M. and they are on their way back to Iowa. Last report I got was that they got 2 squirrels so I am glad about that for Chase. I bet grandpa forgot to take pics of Chase with the squirrels before they cleaned them.
The main thing is Grandpa and Chase got to go hunting together for the first time.







Well, that meant Landon had to stay home with Grandma. (He is 7 years old). I guess he didn't mind that cause we got to spend some one on one time together. Usually it's both boys together and we don't really get much individual time.
This worked out great though.

 




I told Landon since it was soooo very nice out I wanted to work on the yard. His first question was "Do you have a rake that's my size?" Well, by gosh I did, lol. Here it is. I originally bought this short adjustable rake to be able to get to the back of the flower gardens and under bushes, but it sure fit the bill for Landon to keep him happy raking leaves for me. He picked up all the twigs and branches first that had fallen from the maple trees then got to work raking while I broke the branches into smaller pieces.

 He was a really good helper, until Dad showed up to pick him up, darn it, lost my help too soon!






We got to spend a nice time outdoors together. When I thanked him he told "that's ok, that's what Boy Scouts do".




 And look who was sitting in the kitchen window supervising the whole outside operation.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow what a busy weekend your having :) wish the weather was nice here in Ireland but its rain and hail storms very cold- your grandsons look so adorable xx

    ReplyDelete