Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quilting With The Cats

Haven’t been crocheting much lately since the carpal tunnel decided to kick in. So to give my hands a rest, I’ve been in quilting mode.

Our group, God's Tiny Angels , is in dire need of preemie blankets and quilts for the Fourth of July. We have 3 NICU’s that we provide for that like to dress up the babies on the fourth. Right now, we only have 76 members in our group, and we need 120 blankets or quilts to wrap up the babies. So, every single blanket or quilt we can crank out will be a big help. If the desire hits you, we can use your help! Preemie blankets need to be at least 20 inches by 20 inches, and we need to have them mailed to our group leader by June 19th. I know that’s only 10 days, but even one quilt or blanket will help so much!

If you are interested in helping, email me at (mamasu55 at gmail dot com) and I can give you all of the particulars.

So, I dug through my stash and am frantically working on Fourth of July quilts. I have 2 done so far, with at least 2 more, maybe 3 ready to get quilted.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I usually set my sewing machine up on the kitchen table so I have room to spread out. Of course, you see who has to try to supervise, good old Rocky, the nosiest cat there is! I just had to take this picture. Just as I was walking back into the kitchen, there he was, peeking out at me through the opening in my sewing machine :)

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

When he’s not busy supervising my sewing, he enjoys hanging upside down to watch tv.

 

 

 

 

P5310003

Now Baby could care less if I’m sewing. She would rather roll around on the floor playing with an old drawstring from a pair of sweatpants. Doesn’t take much to amuse her!

That didn’t get to last very long though. Rocky just can’t stand it when Baby is having fun all by herself so he has to go pester her and get involved. That usually ticks Baby off and she is all done playing then. That’s when it’s time for her to go sulk because Rocky just couldn’t leave her alone.

Such are the joys of life with the furbabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment